SATEFL is looking for a new Chair to provide leadership to the association and act as a key player in ensuring effective governance for the charity. We are looking for a Chair who can build, lead, motivate, and empower the other team members on the committee.
(Main duties although list is not exhaustive)
- Oversee the Committee team and be the decision maker in needed instances
- Co-ordinate the Committee and encourage participation in all aspects in a fair manner
- Ensure that the committee has the right balance of skill, knowledge and experience needed to govern and lead the charity effectively.
- Communicate / initiate discussions with speakers
- Create and finalise Committee / AGM meeting agendas
- Liaises with venues
- Act as an ambassador for the charity and represent (or delegate) Committee at regional / national events and ensure maximum impact of SATEFL in Scotland, and further afield.
- Sign off documents
The Chair should also:
- have sound knowledge ESOL/EFL/ELT, and of the association’s work
- understand and uphold the constitution.
- continue to steer SATEFL through a post-pandemic period of changes and challenges.
Proposed start date: August 2022 / Unpaid role, expenses paid.
To apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
KLIK2LEARN IS HIRING
Are you an experienced, qualified ESOL tutor?
Other roles in blended learning support for ESOL learners using our Digital Learning Hub are also required. If you are an OET tutor, we would be particularly delighted to hear from you!
£30 an hour with full training included. No previous experience of online teaching necessary.
If you want to be part of an award winning, ambitious Edtech company, get in touch. Please send CV and any relevant experience to: email@example.com
Stirling School of English is hiring
Volunteer Tutors to teach in-person or online
We are looking for friendly volunteers to teach mainly adult refugees (Syrian, Afghan, Sudanese, Ukrainian) and migrant workers based in and around Stirling. Qualified or trainee teachers of any subject are welcome, ideal for someone with a TEFL certificate/CELTA or degree who would like some teaching experience, but friendliness, patience & respect for other cultures are as important as qualifications.
Our in-person (Level One, 61-63 Murray Place, Stirling and Wallace High School, Stirling) and online morning and evening classes start on 22nd August.
To find out more, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Andrew’s College Language Schools is hiring English Language Teachers, Senior Teachers, Directors of Studies, Centre Managers, Welfare Coordinators, and Activity Staff for Summer 2023 at the following locations:
SCOTLAND Ayr: University of the West of Scotland / Edinburgh: Queen Margaret University / Edinburgh: Napier University, Merchiston / Edinburgh: Merchiston Castle School / Edinburgh: Newbattle Abbey College / Edinburgh: Napier University – Craiglockhart / Edinburgh: Edinburgh College Leith – Granton / Glasgow: City of Glasgow College / Paisley: University of the West of Scotland
ENGLAND Brighton: University of Sussex, Falmer campus / Canterbury: University of Kent / Colchester: University of Essex / Gloucester: University of Gloucestershire / Leeds: Leeds Beckett University / London: University of Greenwich, Avery Hill / Medway: University of Greenwich / Manchester: Metropolitan University.
Please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com indicating the location and position you would like to apply for. Full job descriptions can be found on the St. Andrew’s College website: https://www.standrewscollege.com/work-with-us/vacancies